Back to a Simpler Life

Friday, July 21, 2006

Our Move


We recently left the Midwest to come to Alabama.We are out in the country and adopting the life style that goes along with it.
We really do have the best of both worlds, as we are minutes from the best of Birmingham.
There are gorgeous waterfalls, parks, trails and Caverens.
Such as DeSoto Caverns. Peavine Falls, Botanical Gardens and the list goes on...
We are sitting at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, actually situated on the side of a mountain. The Waltons never had it so good.

We have embarked on raising some chicks and a garden, organic of course.

I have gone against the grain of traditional country living, of the fried cooking and have gone to a Raw Vegan Diet.
Yup, You heard me right no meat or dairy.
Raw fruits and Veggies. YUM!
Check out Maw in the Raw blogspot, she has really inspired me to keep it fun!
I have lost 15 lbs in less than 2 weeks! YEAH!
That is only part of the goal, the main goal is to regain my health.
I have 5 kiddos and I am to young to be sick and FAT!
Yes I said the F word.
I guess I could say "Chunky" or something more politically correct, BUT that really would not inspire me to get RID of it, if I put a nice name on it. :o)
I am starting a Blog on that journey as well, when I get it up I will post, you are welcome to come along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home