
Well I have to say, It is nice here in Alabama there are many things to see and do.
The weather is nice, and I am doing things I have never done before, like canning.
I have 16 cans of green beans, 8 jars of pickled okra and 8 jars of blackberry, 8 jars of blueberry, and 4 jars of black-N-blue berry jelly now in my pantry!!
This is the first time I canned anything in my life!
What fun!
It sure made the kitchen very hot though!!
The pantry looks just gorgeous, with those pretty jars! :o)

My husband, son, my youngest daughter and I went blueberry picking.
It was a little over an hours drive,but the price for organic blueberries was FANTASTIC!!
We left a little late because we arrived in the heat of the day, and my poor baby was SOO Hot!!
I had to take her in the van and turn on the AC and I finally convinced her to let me just pour ice water over her head and hat.
She was not sure if it was okay to get her clothes wet, but I told her they would dry and they did rather quickly!
We ended up getting 4 gallons of blueberries.
I think we would have had more , but I found out the boys spent the first hour eating them all!!!

The boys and I decided to go blackberry picking the next day out in the woods.
Other than all those thorns we did pretty well , a gallon and a half.
We could have twice as much , but just as we found a great spot , I saw a snake!!
Of Course, I freaked and tried to run over the boys, who were already up next to the blackberry bushes and had no where to go .
Poor boys ! We decided to call it a day.
I don't think the boys liked getting pushed into the bushes as I screamed SNAKE!
Sorry boys!
I don't like snakes!!
I made Raw blueberry pie with the blueberries we picked, and it went over so well, that I had to make a second!
That one got devoured as well! Nice and Healthy Treat!
Thank You Maw in the Raw for the inspiration to experiment with ingredients.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home